105 v Ultegra Cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
2Jags

2Jags

In reply to TUndragumski, the new Shimano systems allow a chain wrap of 33t and not the previous limit of 29t. Also can officially now accommodate a small cog of 28t. 12-27 on a compact with Ultegra 6700 derailleurs is fine.

In regards the cassettes, you will not notice any performance difference. Get the 105 12-27 cassette.

I am a little uncertain now as to whether the short or long mech issue might make swapping out a bad idea but if Crimmey is right then this shouldn't be a problem?

dodgy

I'm using 12-27 with a compact and short cage rear mech on 2 different bikes, no problems at all. First I've heard there is a compatibility issue, as far as I know you can go up to a 28 on the rear with a little adjustment of the B screw on the rear derailleur.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Agreed, I have 50/34 and 11-27 and a short cage Ultegra mech and no issues, it even works fine when I go 50 - 27 sometimes without thinking.

OP
OP
2Jags

2Jags

Many thanks for the advice.

The bike has now been delivered and came with an 11-28 cassette, after all, despite the Cube website saying it would be 12-25. So no swap out needed!

By the way, the Cube Agree Pro is a hell of a good looking bike.

Top Bottom