105 vs tiagra 4600 10spd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The Tiagra will basically be the old 105 anyway, so very much of a muchness IMO, I'd be very surprised if the average cyclist could tell any difference in use.

OP
OP

2good

To go 105 id need to take cheaper wheels
Tiagra means lighter better wherls

Worth compromising?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
105 has neater cable routing?

TBH, whatever groupset you get, the wheels will be low spec, they almost always are. I'd take the better groupset, since a wheel upgrade is almost inevitable at some point.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I should clarify, only if the frame is the same/equal. If you have a choice of better frame with a lesser groupset vs lesser frame and better groupset, go with the former!

400bhp

Guru
If you want a compromise consider Tiagra with 105 levers. The advantage of that is the cabling goes under the bar tape on 105 levers.

It's a bit of a black whole thread this. You need to consider the whole setup, not just some componentry.

potsy

Rambler
If you want a compromise consider Tiagra with 105 levers. The advantage of that is the cabling goes under the bar tape on 105 levers.
Does look nice and neat under the tape, shifting/smoothness is very similar, main thing I noticed is not having the little indicator on the 105 to tell you what gear you are in, soon get used to not having it tough :thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru
Does look nice and neat under the tape, shifting/smoothness is very similar, main thing I noticed is not having the little indicator on the 105 to tell you what gear you are in, soon get used to not having it tough :thumbsup:

You use that indicator? Never took any notice of it EVER :wacko:

fossala

Guru
The internal routing on 105 is different to ultegra and dura-ace. The way the left shifter is done is different. It creates very heavy upshifting IMO.

Top Bottom