11 best bowlers v 11 best batsmen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think the batsmen as they would be able to fend off the balls and then beat their assailant with the bat. That's what you meant innit?

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I feel slightly foolish writing this after today at Lords! These days the batsman. Modern wickets rarely do much. Edgbaston was a good one and Lo! An absorbing match.

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
All down to the wicket conditions

How is it on that fence?

And as an idle exercise, I'll try and list my favourite 'best' batsmen and bowlers (since I started getting interested in cricket. And these are teams to play a five day Test, not Mickey Mouse quick cricket.

In no particular order:

Batsmen

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Viv Richards
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting
Jacques Kallis*
Ian Botham*
Adam Gilchrist
Andy Flintoff*
Steve Waugh

Bowlers

Wasim Akram*
Curtly Ambrose
Courtney Walsh
Joel Garner
Malcolm Marshall
Dennis Lillee
Jeff Thomson
Shane Warne
Derek Underwood
Ravichandran Ashwin
Richard Hadlee*

The asterix denotes ones who can do the other. On my list, there's only two bowlers who can bat, so maybe the batters would win this match (yeah, I know, the bowlers don't have a wicket-keeper either, so just humour me).

OP
OP
Salty seadog

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
And as an idle exercise, I'll try and list my favourite 'best' batsmen and bowlers (since I started getting interested in cricket. And these are teams to play a five day Test, not Mickey Mouse quick cricket.

In no particular order:

Batsmen

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Viv Richards
Rahul Dravid
Sachin Tendulkar
Ricky Ponting
Jacques Kallis*
Ian Botham*
Adam Gilchrist
Andy Flintoff*
Steve Waugh

Bowlers

Wasim Akram*
Curtly Ambrose
Courtney Walsh
Joel Garner
Malcolm Marshall
Dennis Lillee
Jeff Thomson
Shane Warne
Derek Underwood
Ravichandran Ashwin
Richard Hadlee*

The asterix denotes ones who can do the other. On my list, there's only two bowlers who can bat, so maybe the batters would win this match (yeah, I know, the bowlers don't have a wicket-keeper either, so just humour me).

Above and beyond. :becool:

Slow day over there?

Top Bottom