11th wedding anniversary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Blackandblue said:
Sadly we are at our limit for that sort of stuff. She's had enough of the intimate searches after setting off metal detectors at airports and she gave up on the nose ring after the third time our baby pulled it out. :laugh:

Thanks for that - gave me a good laugh just as I was about to log off and clock back in after lunch ! ;)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blackandblue said:
Sadly we are at our limit for that sort of stuff. She's had enough of the intimate searches after setting off metal detectors at airports...
My then brother-in-law bought my then young nephew a metal detector for Christmas about 10 years ago. The lad was running around excitedly detecting nails in the floorboards, wires in walls, that kind of thing. He went running past his dad with the metal detector still switched on and it went crazy. Nephew proceeds to electronically frisk his dad and tracked down the metal object to the 'pants region'. Judging by the colour his dad went when asked what he'd got in there made of metal, it certainly wasn't a zip fastener... :laugh:

Lisa21

Mooching.............
ColinJ said:
My then brother-in-law bought my then young nephew a metal detector for Christmas about 10 years ago. The lad was running around excitedly detecting nails in the floorboards, wires in walls, that kind of thing. He went running past his dad with the metal detector still switched on and it went crazy. Nephew proceeds to electronically frisk his dad and tracked down the metal object to the 'pants region'. Judging by the colour his dad went when asked what he'd got in there made of metal, it certainly wasn't a zip fastener... :laugh:

;) I have just snorted diet coke all over my keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

Funniest thing in AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lisa21 said:
;) I have just snorted diet coke all over my keyboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

Funniest thing in AGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was cracking up at the time! I had a quiet word with my sister later, and she admitted that "this piercing thing might have gone too far!" :laugh:

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

ColinJ, that is truly very funny.

Arch, I don't really have much time at all - it's Saturday ;)

I have just spent my lunch hour wandering around Covent Garden and apart from a pair of slippers I have returned empty handed. The slippers are for my wife. I don't intend to present these as an anniversary present.

Current thinking is to get a small picture frame for her bedside and put a picture of the kids in it. Either the frame could be made of steel (I suspect this won't be terribly attractive and may be difficult to find) or I will squash it into a steel can.

Priscilla Parsley

a chic watch those metal bracelet ones are made from steel. Chanel do nice ones for a couple of grand!

if she is into interiors there are loads of possibilities there

i like the Arch's idea of using a tin can as a container, just remove the lid with a tin opener (not a jagged edge one) and clean thoroughly, and maybe put some fragrence inside or a luxury candle, and you could theme it and do a few of them and put some cool personal stuff in that means something, get some good quality ribbon and tie the lid on with a bow.

for me thought overrides expense (most of the time)

good luck

Arch

Married to Night Train
I once gave a mate a washed out small baked bean tin for his birthday, along with a note claiming it was the first in a 372 part 'build your own hub gear kit'. I think he still has it!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Arch said:
I once gave a mate a washed out small baked bean tin for his birthday, along with a note claiming it was the first in a 372 part 'build your own hub gear kit'. I think he still has it!
He's probably waiting for the other 371 parts and cursing your disorganised/tight nature for not getting him them.. :wacko:

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

I have managed to obtain an oversize baked bean tin from my office canteen which allows me a little more room to stuff a bigger present inside.

Top Bottom