11th wedding anniversary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Maz said:
Romantic weekend in Sheffield?

;):biggrin::biggrin:

Stainless steel cutlery set? Come on, give us a clue, what sort of thing does she like?

Could always cheat a bit - get an old steel food can, washed out, of course, and slip a nice bit of jewellery inside, then wrap the whole thing up...

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

What does she like? How the hell am I supposed to know? :laugh:;)

The contemporary gift is fashion jewellery. I'd rather go traditional. I often end up buying jewellery for Christmas, birthday, Mothers day etc.

It is getting increasingly difficult for us to buy each other presents as we are pretty well sorted for all we need. Lately we have been buying art because it is something we can enjoy together and won't get broken, thrown away, fall out of fashion etc.

But I don't fancy a piece of steel art.

col

Legendary Member
Blackandblue said:

The contemporary gift is fashion jewellery. I'd rather go traditional. I often end up buying jewellery for Christmas, birthday, Mothers day etc.

It is getting increasingly difficult for us to buy each other presents as we are pretty well sorted for all we need. Lately we have been buying art because it is something we can enjoy together and won't get broken, thrown away, fall out of fashion etc.

I feel your pain, I just dont know what to buy MLML even after nearly 30 years together. She doesnt do hobbies, and trying to get something personal and what she would really like is so difficult.:biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
The beauty of the steel can idea, is that you could slip anything small into it - a voucher maybe (is she into the whole spa type idea?)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Blackandblue said:

You could always pretend that you can't spell and steal a painting for her? :biggrin:

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

Thanks all. The spa idea is also a regular feature as a present. But does generally always go down well. That said, latterly she has been less enamoured with them since it involves time away from me and time together is increasingly precious. But trying to get time away together is quite difficult at the moment - we would normally go away for our anniversary weekend but my wife doesn't feel that she can leave our 6 month old for more than a day.

The bike lamp looks great and I would happily have that in my house - but it may be our last anniversary if I presented it to my wife.

I am very taken by Arch's idea of a battered steel can with something else inside. Just need to work out what to put inside! And where to get a battered steel can.

got-to-get-fit

oooppps

Obviously i should learn to read previous posts

OP
OP
Blackandblue

Blackandblue

got-to-get-fit said:
How about a tongue, nipple and quim piercing ......i think they use surgical steel for them

Sadly we are at our limit for that sort of stuff. She's had enough of the intimate searches after setting off metal detectors at airports and she gave up on the nose ring after the third time our baby pulled it out. :laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Blackandblue said:
I am very taken by Arch's idea of a battered steel can with something else inside. Just need to work out what to put inside! And where to get a battered steel can.

Most food cans are steel. An old baked bean or tinned tomato tin would be ideal. It'll be minus the top of course, but you can wrap it...

col

Legendary Member
Arch said:
Most food cans are steel. An old baked bean or tinned tomato tin would be ideal. It'll be minus the top of course, but you can wrap it...

Or get those plastic lids ?

Arch

Married to Night Train
How long have you got to organise something? Do you know anyone handy at metal work? I was just thinking, some metal flowers (cut from sheet maybe, or bent out of wire?) in a can 'vase' would almost count as art...

Top Bottom