12 month challenge..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
Have been set a challenge for January to cut out chocolate in all forms...
This led me to see if I could do a different one each month throughout the year.

So far I am giving up..

Jan - Chocolate
Feb - Alcohol (should be easy)
March - Coffee
April - Gambling
May - Meat
June
July
August
September
October
November
December - Diets.

Now looking for ideas to fill the rest of the 12 months, needs to be health related in some way..

A month is long enough to see some benefit, but short enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel if its something I really miss ^_^

So, give me some more.... :okay:

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence
June - diets

Rocky

Hello decadence
July - biscuits
August - cake
September - social media
October - sweets
November - sugar (and excess salt)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Have been set a challenge for January to cut out chocolate in all forms...
This led me to see if I could do a different one each month throughout the year.

So far I am giving up..

Jan - Chocolate
Feb - Alcohol (should be easy)
March - Coffee
April - Gambling
May - Meat
June
July
August
September
October
November
December - Diets.

Now looking for ideas to fill the rest of the 12 months, needs to be health related in some way..

A month is long enough to see some benefit, but short enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel if its something I really miss ^_^

So, give me some more.... :okay:

Easy... you know what I will say....

January - December - ride your bike more ! :laugh:

vickster

Legendary Member
If you give up coffee and are a big drinker, start to cut down now...don't go cold turkey from a high base unless you enjoy pounding headaches!

As said, why not add something doing something positive in for a month rather than just depriving yourself every month!

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
You could alternate.....
Instead of giving something up, accomplish something.
Walk or cycle x miles, read those books you've always been meaning to, join a club/group, start a foreign language, do a course.......

Good luck
All good suggestions, and to be fair a few of those I've already started in the last few weeks :okay:

This is maybe a way to cut a few things out, or to at least see if I can live without them or not...
A month is not a long sacrifice.

Have re-started learning a language, joined two walking groups and have plans to do more cycle commutes this year :okay:

mustang1

Guru
November - electronic technology (except whatever you use to access cyclechat).

Edit; I know you said "health related", but tech is a constant source of frustration.

Top Bottom