12th day Nearly Over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrRidley

Well this will be my 12th day without a ciggie and it's bloody hard going, been smoking for over 20 years and just decided to quit, i work in the NHS so i'm going through one of their courses, get plenty of support etc, but almost everyone i work with or beside still smokes, so sometimes the temptation is unbearable, but i vow not to give in, although at the moment it seems i'm replacing the ciggies with food, i've put on 7 lb in weight since i quit :ohmy: i just can't stop eating, i'll need to try and increase my miles and excercise in the next few weeks to shift it, so here's to another smoke free day ;)

Good going - well done! Everyone will be going to the jim soon...a changed place! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 1258

Well done, keep at it, it will eventually get easier, and all that food you are eating, one day you will find you can taste it properly.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
:becool:;):biggrin:
Smart move!
Just think of all the bike stuff you'll be able to buy from the savings :tongue:
and of course you'll still be breathing easily when climbing hills :laugh:

Are you going to join us on the next CC Ecosse ride?

All the best,

T

OP
OP
M

MrRidley

Telemark said:
:becool:;):biggrin:
Smart move!
Just think of all the bike stuff you'll be able to buy from the savings :tongue:
and of course you'll still be breathing easily when climbing hills :laugh:

Are you going to join us on the next CC Ecosse ride?

All the best,

T

Don't know, it clashes with a run that i may do with the local CTC group, i've got one this sunday leaving from Lanark train station if anyone's interested.

Shaun

Founder
Great going. Keep it up and in a few weeks you'll really start to feel the benefits. It'll make a big difference if you can keep at it. You'll feel fitter, smell better, and your family and friends will love and admire you for it (some of the green-eyed smokers may not tell you they admire you for it, but they will !!!).

Be prepared for putting weight on though. It's par for the course. I put a good bit on when I quit, and so did everyone else I know who stopped.

The main thing is - you're a non-smoker, so keep that positive thought in mind and if it helps at the moment, ram those cream cakes in. :angry:

Cheers,
Shaun :wacko:

(Disclaimer: Constantly ramming cream cakes down your gizzard may have negative health benefits if pursued over a long period of time.)

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Well done and keep it up !! You wil soon be counting it in months instead of weeks.
I now eat vast quantities of chocolate ice cream but it's cheaper than cigarettes.

jayonabike