13bikes intuition Ltd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Emeriro

Hello,

I am planning to buy a carbon road bike soon and they offered me the 13bikes intuition Ltd at good price brand new one. Has anyone had this bike before? Any feedback would be really appreciated.

13 rider

Guru
I have a 13 hybrid as per avatar it's served me extremely well no problems other then wear and tear . I didn't think they still made 13 bikes ? If it is a good price you will get a good well specced bike .

OP
OP
E

Emeriro

This one for £510
IMG_20190525_153424_029.jpg
IMG-20190525-WA0002.jpeg

13 rider

Guru
For a carbon framed bike that's a good price , not the best chainset but that can be upgraded in the future . If this is a bike from 2014/15 as we suspect will they offer any warentry ?. If it's fits you and floats your boat go for it

OP
OP
E

Emeriro

well, it is a brand new one from Cycle Republic so I guess they offer me a warranty. I have to ask,good point. I want to use it for commuting and start training for duathlon and stuff.

vickster

Legendary Member
Ride it before you buy it :okay:

OP
OP
E

Emeriro

Looks like new Sora is fitted as there are no cables coming out the shifters? The paintwork doesn’t match up to any of the releases which are reviewed here either...
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/halfords-launches-13-bikes-brand/

Maybe a return with new running gear fitted?
I didn't think about that option... Should I look for another bike? I rode it the other day and the gear was shifting itself. the guy told me that it can be because it is new and because it was store for a while it's very normal.... He tried to sell me that bike and get rid of it.. I knew into biking.

The gears don’t shift themselves unless poorly set up.

You can get cable “stretch” but it is gradual and doesn’t happen from the first ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
well, it is a brand new one from Cycle Republic so I guess they offer me a warranty. I have to ask,good point. I want to use it for commuting and start training for duathlon and stuff.
Commuting...check it takes some sort of decent full mudguard...and you won't be able to fix a pannier rack to the frame if you want / need to carry any amount of stuff to work so you'll need to use a rucksack and risk sweaty back

Cycleops

Legendary Member
For a carbon framed bike with that spec it's a bargain but might not be the best for commuting for the reasons above. Plus those narrow tyres are not going to be too forgiving on potholed city streets. You should think hard if this will really suit your needs.
Good luck.

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Looks like new Sora is fitted as there are no cables coming out the shifters? The paintwork doesn’t match up to any of the releases which are reviewed here either...
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/halfords-launches-13-bikes-brand/

Maybe a return with new running gear fitted?
i was thinking the same or they have stripped the 105 and fizik saddle , changed wheels etc
Still looks a good bike for the money .
For commuting ?
I personally wouldnt as the rear brake is exposed underneath to muck

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thinking she bit more about it I think you should buy it, you can always get a cheaper commuter if it really doesn't suit for that. Too much of something bargain to pass up.

Top Bottom