144 mile birthday ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nearly there

Veteran
good luck on your ride it was my birthday yesterday 16th june happy birthday to you

Thank you all for your support -
I set out at 5:10 in the morning - it was very cold and windy - I used 5 laps of a well known cuircut - however my total milage was 143.2 - with a 12.3 mph average - which is slower than my average - When i did the Norwich 100 recently I averaged 13.3 mph - on the 144 run yesterday i used winter clothing for the first 58 miles - fortunately the winds dropped at around 100 miles making the remaining miles easier - during the ride i drank 3 liters of Isotonic fluid - however to assist in my final recover I drank 8 pints of Guinness after the ride - its now 10:30 on Monday morning - ive got a thick head - and the Jeremy Kyle show isnt helping - cheers - Leigh - madpensioner
ps - see you all on the Essex Countryside 60 next Sunday if your on it - i notice that some of you list your milage date - ive done 2389 thos year.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
Congratulations! I'm less than half of 72 and wouldn't contemplate a ride like that.

Well done. When I grow up I want to be able to do that.
At what point do you think you'll have to admit defeat and switch to a one and a half times your age ride? ;)
Its funny you should say that - after the ride ( which was a mental battle as well as a physical one ) I thought the same - yesterday i was trying to stick to a pre planned schedule - this was a mental drain on my resorces because people were waiting for me to finish - so maybe if i took my time in future twice my age rides - or cycled 200 miles in 2 days - or drink more Guinness during the ride

Top Bottom