18" cycle pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carpenter

Über Member
My Carpenter has brazed on pump attachments on the side of the down tube (unusual?) 18"apart.
Any suggestions for brand of pump in this size? (would prefer "vintage" style, steel or aluminium). I don't want to fit another attachment further along the tube.

Thanks.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It depends what the attachments are but the usual suggestion for a modern plastic pump is a Zefal HP or HPX. I'm not sure whether they fit on pegs. Other than that, you could go looking for earlier Zefal and Lapize pumps which probably come in metal.

nonowt

Über Member
the Zefal HPX used to come in a aluminium version but that's frame-fit and will only work with 1 peg not 2 (there's a hole on the handle but not the valve end which has a kind of foot).

Bluemels, AFA and Apex would be other brands to try and hunt down. The 70's and 80's versions have logos printed on them but I've read that these can be removed with a bit of Bar Keepers Friend and some vigorous rubbing. Longer pumps seem to be harder to come by.

OP
OP
C

carpenter

Über Member
Hi the fixing is two pegs/nipples? 18" apart which would fit in to holes each end of pump (as nonowt suggested)
Thanks for the names chaps - just driving me up the wall as they generally seem to be 15/16" !

Top Bottom