18 miles today, slowly getting there...!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
In total that is..

Monday and today I've been setting out in the morning a little earlier and extending the commute again by another 6 or so miles. So this morning I did 12 miles, and yesterday a tiny fraction over 13.

I feel like I've only just started riding at this rate. :blush: My legs went to butter by the time I got to work. Knackered. Oh and twice in a week I've been overtaken goig uphill!! First time was last week on the tuesday and a diehard roadie shot past me, second time it was actually 2 diehard roadies on friday (I was knackered and feeling sick so wasnt going to push it)

I have seen some nasty, nasty potholes whilst out though, and then in the city center by the industrial estate it looked like an AB Oil truck lost its load on Chapel Road - the entire length of it. :ohmy:xx(

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
LOL. You know the score... When your legs feel like butter, they're asking for time out to rebuild in a new and better configuration. Get some easy days in there, and give the poor dears a little time to catch up. When they do come back, they come back good. Won't be long until you're with them again.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
arallsopp said:
LOL. You know the score... When your legs feel like butter, they're asking for time out to rebuild in a new and better configuration. Get some easy days in there, and give the poor dears a little time to catch up. When they do come back, they come back good. Won't be long until you're with them again.

Tommorow has already been scheduled as a rest day. :girl:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Must say I'm really feeling it at the moment - have had three sets of two days off in the last couple of weeks, and I'm still suffering, so I feel your pain, downfader.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Its been good down here in the past week. Low winds at worst, mild weather.. I just had to be out there while its good. :tongue:

I had a thought yesterday.. at what mileage do you really need to start with electrolyte drinks I wonder? During the summer when my wash up is in the region of 34-37*C I'll drink half a powerade along with the usual copious amounts of water. I began to think on yesterday mornings ride that perhaps after a certain mileage I should be replenishing my salts. :smile:

Top Bottom