18650 batteries and charger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
(Putting this here, as lights are an accessory :smile: )

Recently bought 2 Cree Q5 lights/torches to use for winter commutes. They came with adaptors for putting AAA batts in, but apparently can use rechargeable 18650s (which I'd never heard of before).
Any recommendations for these, + chargers?
I want two sets of 2 batts, and will keep a charger at home and another at work.

musa

Über Member

OP
OP
Fnaar

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Cool, thanks musa. Can I ask why those particular ones, when cheaper ones are available? I guess I'm asking did you research the best quality, and wanting to piggyback on your research :smile:

HovR

Über Member
i have a regular battery charger which accepts aa and aaa's would that be ok for the 18650

I'd only use a dedicated 18650 charger. Lithium batteries have a tendency to explode/set on fire if they're charged incorrectly.

musa

Über Member
ive read his site quite a few times and even sent him a message. this are just random selection that looking from the informatin he gave would do me. if you look at his other items youll see other batteries which cost 6 7 pound more so choose your pick really

i saw a pair of 18650 and chargers for 7.28£ opened the listing and saw it was from hong kong, and ive read stories of chargers exploding and not manufactured safely albeit the CE mark is on them

musa

Über Member
I'd only use a dedicated 18650 charger. Lithium batteries have a tendency to explode/set on fire if they're charged incorrectly.
thanks for that ill have to buy a charger too

cheers

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
yeah i just bought those which charger did you get from him? ill need to purchase one now from him rather be safe than sorry
Sorry musa, my info was scrambled. I bought a 1000 lumen Fluxient XM-L T6 torch from the seller I mentioned. It came with a Torchy battery and a charger. I subsequently bought two 2800 mAh Torchy batteries from the same seller. He isn't selling the same light right now but the charger I have is marked " MPI battery charger" and the brand is "XTAR". It takes a single cell.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom