1930s style rear wheel wing nuts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
I am looking for an affordable source for 1930s style rear wheel wing nuts for a Hercules.
I was lucky enough to get a NOS set for the front wheel but have been unable to find rear ones like 1930s ones that don't cost nearly as much as I paid for the bike.
The rear hub is also still seized in spite of two months of having light oil dripped into it.
DSC_9558 - Copy.JPG

iluvmybike

Über Member
Hi. I have a couple of these - if you want a photo message me and I'll provide, You can have them both for £5 plus any postage cost

iluvmybike

Über Member
A bit of the plate has worn off the bottom one but otherwise good nick. Sorry they are not identical. Let me know if you wnat them by private message

wingnuts.jpg

walkman-man

If you've not already found something, then I've wing nuts taken from a 30s/40s French bike most just good for spares. Would need to check if their threading was French though, as I'm sure yours would be English.

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
If you've not already found something, then I've wing nuts taken from a 30s/40s French bike most just good for spares. Would need to check if their threading was French though, as I'm sure yours would be English.

My son thinks he may have found some - due to find out in a few days time

OP
OP
FrothNinja

FrothNinja

Veteran
I now have the wing nuts my oldest sprog sourced - diameter is correct but I have yet to check if the thread pitch is correct. Looking good so far 👍

presta

Guru
Quality had probably slipped as I once broke a wing off one.
When I was a kid I used to use my father's old wingnuts until they broke. I don't recall a single one breaking in my fingers, so I assume it must have been yobs kicking them.

Top Bottom