1931 to 1934 Tandem - ID needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevevw

Guru
I have a 1931 to 1934 Tandem that I am getting ready for Anjou Velo vintage at the end of June. I have searched for a make that matches mine to no avail, so any ideas gratefully received. Sun, BSA, Triumph or Grubb?

The three speed gear is the first version of the Trivelox that was first sold in 1931 and was superseded to a different design the Model A by 1934 plus the rear dropouts are Trivelox horizontal rear facing. So that is what I am basing the age on.

Frame number on the stokers bottom bracket is like below
TH
N 228 NW

No markings on the steerer.

Follow the link for pictures

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c4d8pdcd6t4t ... pFEeGYDVAa

wisdom

Guru
That will be extremely nice when you have fettled it.good luck

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
I have looked at the Frame number again and come to the conclusion that It could read DN22 8NW which is a Postcode near Worksop and seeing as it came from Warsop it probably is not a frame number after all. A bit of a disappointment not being able to find a frame number. The lugs look to be pretty generic for the era too
upload_2014-5-28_8-49-9.jpeg

Now the frame is stripped down it is surprisingly light.
I love the picture above if you look closely you can see the file marks left by the framemaker. Could it be a Carlton, more digging to be done.

Attachments

• upload_2014-5-28_8-49-11.jpeg
    upload_2014-5-28_8-49-11.jpeg
    75.3 KB · Views: 72
OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
Alex
The Tandem could well be down near you on 24th June, we will be visiting friends before we travel up to Saumur for the 28th.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Hopefully the weather will be better then ^_^ I
Alex
The Tandem could well be down near you on 24th June, we will be visiting friends before we travel up to Saumur for the 28th.
It's constantly showery at the moment, although we have a lull for the weekend :sun::sun::sun::sun:but then back to the 'averses' :sad:

Where will you be on the 24th?

Alex H

Legendary Member
We will be at a small village 30k West of limoge.

Which one? - that's very near us ^_^

U

User42423

I have a 1931 to 1934 Tandem that I am getting ready for Anjou Velo vintage at the end of June. I have searched for a make that matches mine to no avail, so any ideas gratefully received. Sun, BSA, Triumph or Grubb?

The three speed gear is the first version of the Trivelox that was first sold in 1931 and was superseded to a different design the Model A by 1934 plus the rear dropouts are Trivelox horizontal rear facing. So that is what I am basing the age on.

Frame number on the stokers bottom bracket is like below
TH
N 228 NW

No markings on the steerer.

Follow the link for pictures

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c4d8pdcd6t4t ... pFEeGYDVAa

Hi stevevw. I'm not sure if you've successfully identified this tandem. If not, could I suggest 3 other makers!. 1) Aberdale, 2) Armstrong, & 3) Coventry Eagle.

Top Bottom