1950s Tillston Hellenic 531 frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barry

Hi i have a Tillston Helenic frame set and need decals or a photo of decals i have contacted Tillston who are based in Stockton on Tees but they have none left they only deal with motorbikes now, they made 250 frames and as far as i know there is only 12 left, Jack Taylor has some but he can't find them and he doesn't want to turn the house upside down he used to paint the bikes for Tillston if your one of the 12 owners or you know of anyone please reply any help would be appreciated regards Barry

No man is an island Barry - someone will have an answer...try posting in 'Know How'. Here in the café we just transfer idle thoughts...

Aperitif said:
No man is an island Barry - someone will have an answer...try posting in 'Know How'. Here in the café we just transfer idle thoughts...

Try telling that to Aint Skeered!

Aint Skeered said:
Apology bollocks. Oh I get it you're being ironic again.

It matters not who's bike they ride, the fact is they are being sponsored, and that can only help the state of cycle racing in the UK.
Sean Kelly was once asked which was the best bike. His reply
"Whichever one I am being paid to ride"
And here's a bit more irony for you. If Walker had said, "Guess who I saw last night", and named some tosser from the premier league, the majority would have known who he was talking about. (apart from me that is)
I remind you again, this is a cycling forum

:evil: :tongue:

wirychap

Barry,
I have 2 sets of Tillston down tube decals. 1 set in red, the other in white. They are for varnish application.
Dont have head set decals, but I think something could be designed.
Bill Tillston built me a frame back in 1965 and it got mangled in a crash. Been searching for one since.
Want to sell yours...name your price ;o) (seriously)
Is yours the one I saw on ebay a couple of years ago....maroon/dark red.
Come back
Al

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Bill Tillston. That name brings back memories of the regular trips over to Stockton from Darlington to pick up spares for a Triumph Bonneville. I didn't realise that the business was still active.

On the transfer front, does H LLoyd Cycles have any of the transfers?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

You're right, you know. I just looked at a map of Barry Island and it doesn't look like a real island to me, more of an archipelagogogoch.

dino50

I too had Bill make me a frame in the mid 60's 65 or 66. It was the start of the sloping fork crown and allen bolt fixing seat stays which met at the top where they join the seat tube. I crumpled it coming down Burke Brow sprinting for the Charltons sign:angry: . Bill kindly rebuilt it for me but sadly a little while later, against my fathers wishes I sold it.( to a guy called Ron Longmire)
Wonder if its still around.

Saltaire111

Hi i have a Tillston Helenic frame set and need decals or a photo of decals i have contacted Tillston who are based in Stockton on Tees but they have none left they only deal with motorbikes now, they made 250 frames and as far as i know there is only 12 left, Jack Taylor has some but he can't find them and he doesn't want to turn the house upside down he used to paint the bikes for Tillston if your one of the 12 owners or you know of anyone please reply any help would be appreciated regards Barry

I have a tillston cycle. It has the original decals. I can take a picture of this for you. Contact me [email address removed by mods] and I'll reply. David.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom