1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1950s Tillston Hellenic 531 frame

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Barry, 14 May 2008.

1. Barry

Barry New Member

Hi i have a Tillston Helenic frame set and need decals or a photo of decals i have contacted Tillston who are based in Stockton on Tees but they have none left they only deal with motorbikes now, they made 250 frames and as far as i know there is only 12 left, Jack Taylor has some but he can't find them and he doesn't want to turn the house upside down he used to paint the bikes for Tillston if your one of the 12 owners or you know of anyone please reply any help would be appreciated regards Barry

2. No man is an island Barry - someone will have an answer...try posting in 'Know How'. Here in the café we just transfer idle thoughts...

3. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Try telling that to Aint Skeered!

:evil: :tongue:

4. I'm Skeered!:evil:

:tongue:

5. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Veteran

6. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

we could always get some cut for you............if you had something to copy...........

7. wirychap

wirychap New Member

Barry,
    I have 2 sets of Tillston down tube decals. 1 set in red, the other in white. They are for varnish application.
    Dont have head set decals, but I think something could be designed.
    Bill Tillston built me a frame back in 1965 and it got mangled in a crash. Been searching for one since.
    Want to sell yours...name your price ;o) (seriously)
    Is yours the one I saw on ebay a couple of years ago....maroon/dark red.
    Come back
    Al

8. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

I'm not trying to take over the thread, but this is why I love this forum - the mixture of passionate, worthy, nutty, whimsical, idle chat, other planet and dead useful.

9. vernon

vernon Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Bill Tillston. That name brings back memories of the regular trips over to Stockton from Darlington to pick up spares for a Triumph Bonneville. I didn't realise that the business was still active.

On the transfer front, does H LLoyd Cycles have any of the transfers?

10. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

You're right, you know. I just looked at a map of Barry Island and it doesn't look like a real island to me, more of an archipelagogogoch.

11. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

good old cycle chat to the rescue again

12. dino50

dino50 New Member

I too had Bill make me a frame in the mid 60's 65 or 66. It was the start of the sloping fork crown and allen bolt fixing seat stays which met at the top where they join the seat tube. I crumpled it coming down Burke Brow sprinting for the Charltons sign:angry: . Bill kindly rebuilt it for me but sadly a little while later, against my fathers wishes I sold it.( to a guy called Ron Longmire)
    Wonder if its still around.

13. Saltaire111

Saltaire111 Regular

I have a tillston cycle. It has the original decals. I can take a picture of this for you. Contact me [email address removed by mods] and I'll reply. David.

Last edited by a moderator: 1 Jun 2015