1964 Carlton Flyer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
Baggy said:
Lovely - am a fan of purple and Carltons so this particular bike is very appealing. Shame it's not a 20" frame :biggrin:

22-23 is just my size, they may have made a 19-1/2".

Flyers were very much made to order in the 1950s/60s.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Spokesmann said:
22-23 is just my size, they may have made a 19-1/2".

19 1/2 is even better. I wish you hadn't told me that because now I'll probably spend the rest of my life trying to track one down...

Globalti

Legendary Member
Gorgeous! That combination of the deep green of the mudguards with the purple frame makes me feel weird inside, there are only two other colours that do that for me and both are sixties colours from a set of sample swatches my mum gave me to play with as a kid. Hope you don't mind but I've downloaded the close up of the fork top.

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

Globalti said:
Gorgeous! That combination of the deep green of the mudguards with the purple frame makes me feel weird inside, there are only two other colours that do that for me and both are sixties colours from a set of sample swatches my mum gave me to play with as a kid. Hope you don't mind but I've downloaded the close up of the fork top.

No worries, I can post up some more when I get a chance. the bike is by no means mint, but is very clean and crisp for its age.

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

John the Monkey said:
Absolutely beautiful - the paint, the chrome...a dream bike, well done!

Wait til you see my finished all chrome Carlton Constellation....:ohmy:

OP
OP
Spokesmann

Spokesmann

I've taken a few more recent pictures of the bike today. Since the last lot of pictures I've fitted some rather nice Brooks leather toe clip straps. I also include a few detail shots of the bike. The bike is not mint, but is very clean and presentable but above all is ridden and is not a museum piece.

P7250648.jpg

P7250650.jpg

Chainset is 52/39

P7250651.jpg

P7250657.jpg

P7250663.jpg

Campag drop outs...
P7250664.jpg

P7250656.jpg

P7250667.jpg

I still use open ended brake block shoes
P7250658.jpg

P7250659.jpg

P7250654.jpg

Lamp still works (with special insert/adapter)
P7250655.jpg

P7250662.jpg

P7250666.jpg

P7250665.jpg

bauldbairn

I'm loving those new pictures of your bike spokesman. :thumbsup:

If I can be so bold - can't help thinking that this would finish off the job..........? :becool:

28016.jpg

Top Bottom