1982 Dawes Super Galaxy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Astrodamus

Astrodamus

Do you have a pic of it (or a thread?):cheers:

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I still have my 1975 Galaxy, which is not in bad condition for it's age. More or less original as well.
20190512_110909.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Now very difficult to find the classic steel frame ones in the sort of condition of the OP's.

Also seems to be true for the Raleigh Royal. I think the reason being most of these purpose-designed 531 tourers were bought either by people wanting to actually use them for touring, or as relatively light and fast all-weather commuters. Most of them therefore will have seen a fair bit of use. I doubt many weekend club type riders would have bought a Tourer just to remove the mudguards and pannier rack from, then only used it as a fair weather road bike, as there were plenty of other more sporty bikes to choose from. - although perversly that's exactly what I've done with my Royal.

GarGri

Regular
As a young lad doing my paper round on a cold, dark winters morning my front light attached to my front fork decided to swing into my front wheel. This had the effect of stopping the bike dead in the road and ejecting me over the front wheel. I hit the tarmac with my head and then my hefty sack of newspapers then hit the back of my head for a double whammy. It also buckled the front wheel beyond repair. It gave me a lifelong aversion to sticking anything on to my bike that could work free and swing into the spokes.
Years later cycling round Derwent Reservoir I came round a bend to see a bloke lying in the road who had done a similar over the handlebars ejection from his bike. His worried two young sons were beside him, obviously upset that their dad was in some pain and distress. He wasn't wearing a helmet and the cause of his accident was poor bike maintenance as his front brakes had become loose and swung into his spokes.

Top Bottom