1983 Raleigh -Bling edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
I think this might be my best purchase yet. The paintwork is in excellent condition as are all the gold anodised parts. The only down side is that the previous owner decided to take the tatty decals off (didn't do a great job as lots of glue still on).

The only non original parts are the seat and seat stem.

I know I get excited easily but this really has put a huge smile on my face. Just hoping I can get some good repro decals for it.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You do like taking on lots of stuff! Looks good, the decals should be easy enough to find. I remember these bikes from the seventies I think. The black and gold was a crib from the "John Player" Ford Capri of the time which every boy racer wanted.

OP
OP
Tony Raynor

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
I do seem to have too many things to do and was shown 2 more belter bikes today but space time and resources mean I may have to pass. The were both early 50s bike, one a Rudge that was a lovely maroon colour the other a nice pale green raleigh sports. I'm still tempted to grab them if the price is right.

Skyfoil

The Jolly Ginger Giant
The bike looks just like my 1980 Raleigh Record. Nice bike. Mine is waiting to be stripped and re-sprayed.
Please let me know if you find some decent decals for it.

I've just got a set of decals made up by ebayer premiumbicycledecals for my BSA Tour De France. They didn't have a match to what I wanted, but gave them measurements from my current decals and they made them up for me. I'd highly recommend them from my personal experience (Not linked to them in any way other than this purchase).

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
I had one very similar* though a 'record sprint' had oval (aero) down tube - though same spec , 'gold ' chain-set , brakes (without suicide levers) black mavis rims, 6 speed.

Gave it away (t was a 2nd hand bargain, but a bit to big) to two friends , one got the frame & chian-set other got wheels,

I've still got the 'gold' sakae custom bars on my galaxy ...

even had gold ESGE mudguards ...

Enjoy :smile:

*Like this https://www.flickr.com/photos/21024946@N06/4085703516/in/photostream/

H.Lloyd Cycles are very good for decals.

http://www.hlloydcycles.com

Squid lips

Ahh the sprint my first proper bike ,got one at Xmas 82 ,loved that bike
Some scrote nicked it from our shed 18 months later :cursing:
Heart broken I'm still in counselling lol

Top Bottom