---

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
So £35 to the seller and it's done is a good deal. That's probably less than the hourly rate at a SE LBS And less hassle

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
It's always best to try, at 5ft tall I would suggest the 46cm frame.
You have to be careful with halfords , they quote sizes based on the real seat tube even if its sloped so it might be a larger size

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Good luck with the bike , i have an old red vanquish i use for commuting / winter rides and it does about 4000 + miles a year so they are more than capable .

With regards fit assuming you can comfortably set your saddle height and get your reach comfortable then it should be ok , i have to use an 80 mm stem on the above bike to get it to suit me .
Here is a basic fit website .
http://www.jimlangley.net/crank/bikefit.html
saddle height .
Leg straight with heel on pedal = right when foot on pedal .
bike_fit1seatheight.jpg

Saddle set back , Knee over pedal centre
8545538567_daea4b8ecc.jpg

Reach to bars
Stem Length
stem_long.jpg
stem_correct.jpg
stem_short.jpg

Instructions
This is a rough guide to finding the correct stem length, it is by no means the most scientific method but will give you a good indication of the stem length that best suits your needs. The #1 rule while sizing for a stem is, MAKE SURE YOUR COMFORTABLE! Choosing a stem comes down to personal choice and riding style, therefore it is important that you are comfortable whilst riding. If you are struggling to choose a stem length, please see the chart below for our recommendation.
  1. Get on your bike and place your hands on the top of the lever hoods.
  2. Look down and sight the front hub through your handlebars.
  3. Your handlebars should completely hide the front hub indicating the correct stem length (see figure B above).
  4. If the front hub appears behind the handlebars, the stem is too long and you will require a shorter stem (see figure A above).
  5. If the front hub appears in front of the handlebars, the stem is too short and you will require a longer stem (see figure C above).

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Are you carrying your own luggage? If so you might want something more suited to taking panniers
You can fit a rear rack to the mudguard mounts and seat post, but as mentioned above you can get some pretty decent seat post mount only luggage that doesn't need a rack.

Enjoy the bike!

The Triban 500 SE got a mention above too, it's a great bike, got my son the 51cm which does have 650 wheels. The microshift gears work really well, despite not having shimano stamped on them , it shifts beautifully.

Nota lot to choose between the Tribans and the various careera offerings, Both decent brands built to a price point.

Top Bottom