1985 Raleigh/BSA Racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
BasilWhite

BasilWhite

Best to check the availability of the needed BB, before buying a crankset as not all spindle lengths are commonly available.

Thanks that really helps. I was thinking about getting these, just need to find out the spindle length required. Should be alright with the original derailleur and 5 speed freewheel? With that BB looks like I need to get one of these to fit it. And these to fit the cranks. And some pedals and a chain. The list keeps growing! ^_^

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
If you're happy with the quality and 46 teeth, then those cranks looks fine: as it's JIS taper, the BB you originally linked to will do well.

That's the correct tool, but BB are usually sold with suitable bolts, so you shouldn't need them.

OP
OP
BasilWhite

BasilWhite

If you're happy with the quality and 46 teeth, then those cranks looks fine: as it's JIS taper, the BB you originally linked to will do well.

I think so, the original one had 46 and at the price I'm willing and able to pay the quality will have to do for now. Thanks again for all the detailed info, I would never have worked this out on my own. ;)

Top Bottom