1989 Dawes Impulse, 60cm 531 frame and forks, £120, West Yorks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
My bike clearout continues - this is the last of the ones I've had stored at work. Why am I selling my Dawes Impulse? Simple: this was described as a 21" frame, which it clearly isn't. Not being a leggy giant it's no use me trying to ride it - I did and it wasn't a pretty sight. Therefore I'd suggest that 5' 9" is probably the shortest any rider should be. It's probably 5' 10" - 6' 2".

It's a 1989 Dawes Impulse, 23.5" / 60cm frame with 700c wheels. Tubing is 531 butted with 531 forks. It's got a full 12 speed Shimano Exage Action groupset including pedals. The brake levers are Shimano Exage Motion ones which came with the original groupset. Handlebars are Dawes own which match the bike sticker of "handbuilt in England". The story of this Dawes Impulse is covered here when I purchased it, on impulse, back in June. This is basically an original bike with black replacement hoods instead of white ones.

DSCF4543_zpsd2wf62qm.jpg

The chainrings are Biopace ones and the Shimano Sport exage action pedals use the old-style pointy metal cleats - perfect for a 'retro' style event.

Since purchase I've fitted new Shimano brake hoods, new white ITM bar tape, new brake cables and used Continental Sport tyres (white ones :tongue:). The whole bike's been cleaned and lubricated.

Overall it's in very good condition although there are some paint chips and marks. It'll take full mudguards as well.

Collection from Dewsbury, West Yorkshire - I'm just off J. 40 M1 and J28 M62.

The asking price for this piece of retro kit is £120.

Any questions please ask. Oh, and the rest of the obligatory photos:

DSCF4550_zps0keha2of.jpg

DSCF4549_zpsvruhxwpx.jpg

DSCF4547_zps5peqjraa.jpg

DSCF4553_zps8gw3cqva.jpg

DSCF4554_zpsyplv0o9s.jpg

DSCF4551_zpsqiv7gls9.jpg

Last edited:

wisdom

Guru
Bargain for someone

Top Bottom