1990s Argos

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tebb1t

I bought a 1990s Argos at auction to use round London as a hack, hence the solid axles. I don’t have a workshop at the moment so I spent money on having the bike fully serviced, everything rebuilt on it and it is a beautiful ride. I did check the Argos website and they still make these. Someone must have had this as a main bike and then swapped over old kit onto it.

All in all I am very pleased with it, the 725 frame is excellent.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
They are massively underappreciated because, I guess, they're too understated for most people. The graphics are very plain and the name is...well, imagine a "B&M" or "Wilko" bike! Impeccable quality, though.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I have a steel framed single speed / fixie that was sold by Argos (and others), and whilst its a bit heavy, it actually looks pretty smart. I bought it second hand and converted it to bullhorn bars with TT brake levers and used it was my "london" end commute bike

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I have a steel framed single speed / fixie that was sold by Argos (and others), and whilst its a bit heavy, it actually looks pretty smart. I bought it second hand and converted it to bullhorn bars with TT brake levers and used it was my "london" end commute bike
You mean Argos the catalogue store, with the "book of dreams"?

The bike in the OP is from Argos Racing Cycles in Bristol.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I'll take a pic of mine with its bull horns if I remember when next in the bike palace. in fact i should sell it as no longer used. Home is too hilly for single-speed /fixed and I no longer work up town.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I really like the aesthetic. The components are probably pretty low grade but thete's nothing I'd change if it all worked.

Top Bottom