1st 100 mile ride anniversary

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Today marks the 11th anniversary of my first 100 mile ride. I attempted it a few times solo & only ever managed 86 miles before bailing out. Back in 2009 @velocidad formerley of this parish & @colly joined me in a ride from Hull, down to Spurn Point & around Holderness on a bitterly cold winter's day. Wouldn't have managed it without the encouragement & support of my fellow CCers, cheers guys, but since then I've got on to do a further 70 100+mile rides, many solo & am aiming for my first 200 mile ride this year. An photo taken on the day of myself & velocidad at Spurn, seeing as Colly is not on the photo he must have taken it :laugh:
full.jpg

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I did my first 100 mile ride with CC members too. They were on a trip from Northampton down to London, and I had cycled down to Northampton from Birmingham. Was rather shocked by my reaction to reaching the metric century - a lot more emotion than I thought I had inside.

I can't claim 70+ 100 mile rides, though. More like 8!

colly

Re member eR
Today marks the 11th anniversary of my first 100 mile ride. I attempted it a few times solo & only ever managed 86 miles before bailing out. Back in 2009 @velocidad formerley of this parish & @colly joined me in a ride from Hull, down to Spurn Point & around Holderness on a bitterly cold winter's day. Wouldn't have managed it without the encouragement & support of my fellow CCers, cheers guys, but since then I've got on to do a further 70 100+mile rides, many solo & am aiming for my first 200 mile ride this year. An photo taken on the day of myself & velocidad at Spurn, seeing as Colly is not on the photo he must have taken it :laugh:
View attachment 501837
:eek: 11 years. Seems like only last week. 70 rides of 100 or more too.:okay:

I myself have been putting in the miles..............at least 7 x 100 since then.:whistle:

Top Bottom