1st 100 miler...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

speshy

Well , I completed my 1st 100 miler yesterday down in sunny dorset,on the macmillan dorset bike ride...
all i can say is lots of hills and very windy !!!!
but i managed it at an average speed of just a shade over 15.5, which i'm pretty chuffed about..:ohmy:

Steve H

Large Member
Nice one Speshy - how are you feeling today? Bit stiff?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Bloody well done, amazing speed, am just back from riding Dorset's lumpy bits around Dorchester/Bridport/Weymouth.... chuffing steep and long hills!

OP
OP
S

speshy

skudupnorth said:
Well done,are Dorset hills like Devon & Cornish hills ?? If so, double well done !!!!

dorset is pretty hilly and they did make it a tough course .. but i dont think there as bad as devon/cornwall
but then again ive never ridden there,,
;)

OP
OP
S

speshy

Fab Foodie said:
Bloody well done, amazing speed, am just back from riding Dorset's lumpy bits around Dorchester/Bridport/Weymouth.... chuffing steep and long hills!

thanks.. its a good feeling to get your 1st 100 out of the way..didnt feel so fast at the time though when others were passing me!!!
only had a road bike 6 months so i'm well chuffed

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
speshy said:
dorset is pretty hilly and they did make it a tough course .. but i dont think there as bad as devon/cornwall
but then again ive never ridden there,,
;)

I have... and I can vouch for Dorset having some climbs that are close up there with its western neighbours....

RUTHIEBAV

speshy said:
Well , I completed my 1st 100 miler yesterday down in sunny dorset,on the macmillan dorset bike ride...
all i can say is lots of hills and very windy !!!!
but i managed it at an average speed of just a shade over 15.5, which i'm pretty chuffed about..:ohmy:

Well done, you must be feeling really good.

I did the 60 miles and had toyed with the idea of 100. On the day I was glad that I did the 60. It was so windy and hilly wasn't it. I'm not sure I would have got round 100 miles ..... and you were so quick. Nice one.

Ruth

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Regardless of hills how did the wind and rain affect you? As a beginner doing my first Sportiff yesterday I think the rain kept me cool and the wind slowed down everyone to my speed on the descents,and no sunburn, bit of a result really :-)

PS double chapeau on your average speed. Mine was 12.7

Top Bottom