1st and 2nd for the women.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Oo, I haven't seen the results but has Helen Barnes been out again? (I reckon we're heading into a golden age for British women cyclists.)

EDIT: Hang on, who's Helen Barnes? Heather Wyman I think I meant.

lyn1

Über Member
I appreciate that the sharp end of Womens' cross is pretty thin and there is little strength in depth, but a field of 14 riders, at least 25% of whom appear to be local riders, well out of their depth at this level, must be very disappointing. Even more so as juniors, U23, senior & vets are all in the same race. Same thing happened last year. I cannot see how this can be good for womens' cycling

VamP

Banned
I appreciate that the sharp end of Womens' cross is pretty thin and there is little strength in depth, but a field of 14 riders, at least 25% of whom appear to be local riders, well out of their depth at this level, must be very disappointing. Even more so as juniors, U23, senior & vets are all in the same race. Same thing happened last year. I cannot see how this can be good for womens' cycling

I think the European Champs are still finding their place in the calendar, it is a long way off being a top event at the moment. Not having an Elite Men's race at all speaks volumes.

Top Bottom