1st BBQ of the year.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Finished work on Wed and today the weather was glorious so I thought it would be rude not to....

Cleared all the detritus of last years aborted garden makeover from the patio and spread out the garden set, then headed down to Sainbug's to pick up some fodder and a few bottles of cheap rosé wine.

By the time Lady Skol returned from a hard days graft the barbeque was just glowing nicely. Started of with a nice sea bass then a few burgers of the special kind closely followed by a few large king prawns basted in chilli and garlic.

We finished off with a little fire in the BBQ to burn some fallen branches off the Grove then I got the MTB out for a tinker in the soft outdoor lighting ready for a weekend road trip to Cwmcarn with the youngest son.

What a perfect evening, just came in and locked up now. Summer's here folks, enjoy it while it lasts :cheers:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Good lad.

I've got a garden makeover due this year - grown up time..., but we cracked open the Chimnea this eve and burned some logs that have been drying in the bike garage over winter, then drank wine watching telly over the internet via the laptop as the ISS flew over ! Kids were inside. We now stink of smoke ! :okay:

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
pah...amatuer...we BBQd on New Years eve....although proper BBQ didnt happen until Easter Monday (churning out sausages and burgers to the masses) followed by a more sedate and relaxing BBQ tonight - Sirloin steaks for me, mrs and small boy. Have you ever seen an 11 year old confirmed carnivore attack a steak? It's poetry in motion, and very messy (especially with peppercorn sauce)

MisterStan

Label Required
My brother in law always has a bbq in March for his birthday. He was moaning this year that 'some b*stard has beaten me to it' as he'd been walking home from work the previous evening and smelt bbq smoke!

I don't know if you've seen a pack of 3 yr olds attacking a pile of sausages and burgers but it was funny watching them!

OP
OP
I like Skol

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Our first one is this afternoon.
Too late! I think you may have missed the best weather by then :rolleyes:

Top Bottom