1st overseas tour starts tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last day at work before 15 days off, cycling and camping around Denmark. Aiming to cycle the North Sea Cycle route from Esbjerg to Skagen and then either the East Coast cycle route or the old military road cycle route down the centre of DK until time runs out and have to head back to Esbjerg for the ferry home.

In the UK we have never done an overnight camping tour, have done overnighters before though via YHA, experienced campers though.

Any last bits of advice?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Have a good time is all!

Haitch

Flim Flormally
If you have time, take the boat from Frederikshaven to the island of Laeso for a couple of nights.

A lot of the route through the dunes is surfaced with loose stones and gravel. Make sure your tyres are up to it.

Danish campsites are not the cheapest in the world but are very good.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
thank you.

Alan H said:
If you have time, take the boat from Frederikshaven to the island of Laeso for a couple of nights.

A lot of the route through the dunes is surfaced with loose stones and gravel. Make sure your tyres are up to it.

Danish campsites are not the cheapest in the world but are very good.

Thanks Alan

I'm afraid I am a mountain bike tourer :becool: (can't do drop racers anymore following an arm injury that resulted in my wrist dislocating 20-30 times a day for 10 years - needed 11 operations to fix it - a mountain bike allowed me to get cycling again - though hopefully I will get a tourer in the next year or so, if this works out), but on the bright side of things the gravel should be OK with any luck on mountain bike tyres.

We are hoping to use the tent sites rather than the campsite for most of the time (except when needing to shower from time to time) which should help to bring the costs down quite a bit. I understand they are 20DKK a night per person, and reasonably basic which is what we prefer being an antisocial person who likes to get some sleep ;).

As for Laeso, if we have time/free time, I will certainly consider it - thank you.

chrisch

Have a great time! Last year I cycled the Denmark section of the North Sea and absolutely loved it!

Top Bottom