1st pantless commute :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BluesDave

Formerly known as DavidDecorator
The question I have is are you supposed to wear boxers or knickers under padded cycling shorts or not? I ask because I have just purchased a pair each for the Missus & I from Tenn Outdoors on ebay.
:rolleyes:
 

twowheelsgood

Legendary Member
Err no lycra cycling shorts are designed move with the skin so it doesn't rub and you'll notice the stitching joining the panels together is on the outside of the leg to avoid rubbing if they are properly designed. They also wick moisture away effectively which again reduces irritation to the skin.

All this is to some degree undone if you wear anything underneath.

Saying that people do and still get the benefit of the padding.
 
Not only that, if you wear boxers under them then you'll get the sorest gooch you've ever had. I did it just the once, rode 12 miles and couldn't sit down properly for 2 weeks, and couldn't ride for longer than that.
 
Go on, someone post the usual team photo.....everything below the dark band was just transparent and worn thinner than a MP's conscience. Beware the perils of old lycra (when stretched!)

next best thing...
arse4.jpg
 
How about wearing these under your cycling shorts...

http://tinyurl.com/3eckqk4

;-)

Should keep your lunch box in place but allow skin to chammy contact in the right places too. Steve
 
Top Bottom