1st 'proper' ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JNR

brush3287 said:
I've found it's always because you've not anticipated go so slow & then you forget you're clipped in. This seems to disappear after about a month & two or three patches of nettles.

Eventually though it becomes semi automatic & I find myself anticipating more things now I have to think about getting out of my SPD's.

I find that too, I'm new to all this. I came off the bike once and scraped the right pedal. Had a near miss after losing momentum in too high a gear but it's all part of the learning curve.

Now it's just my fitness letting me down. My legs literally gave up after a tough hill yesterday but I haven't taken a rest day since I got the bike. It's so difficult not to ride a beaurtiful bike begging to be taken out for a spin though! This week I'm going to do 5 sets of 10 mile journeys, or there abouts, and then start thinking about tackling the commute to work. It's only 7 miles but my word it's hilly!

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

I know what you mean about having a day off, it's difficult to leave my bike standing there it looks like it wants to be ridden so I tend to take it out but my legs are starting to suffer a bit.
Absolutely loving clipless though, no moments yet so about 30 miles incident free but I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

potsy

Rambler
Had my 1st moment today:blush: trying to be clever riding the TPT so luckily no traffic,went to get a banana from my bag whilst on the move,realised it wasn't a good idea so unclipped left foot to stop then toppled to the right.
So about 1mph onto a nice soft bit of grass verge,:biggrin:

Canardly

Veteran
in the last couple of weeks managed to fall over left on a sustrans run due to spds, (tarmac) and then following week on another bike with clips fell over on right elbow (it stung a tad)I was following a certain well know east anglian cycling club pod flexing it's lycra ho hum lessons learned.

Top Bottom