1st Ride always this hard???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slaav

Veteran
Managed the first week without cycling this year! And felt guilty as sin....

So dusted off the bike and went for a 'usual' 21 mile run. Slightly slower than 6 or 7 weeks ago - last ride - and my God did it hurt!!!

How damn quickly do you lose any semblance of fitness? I am aching and suffering considerably sitting here typing this :sad: :sad: :sad:

Think a Turbo Trainer next year is definitely in order if I have any hope of managing what I want to do!

OUCH.......

Or is it just me?

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
ye it is especially over xmas when we have all eaten and lazed around more than normal , you will be back to normal in a couple of goes , and wonder what the fuss was about

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Not always that hard, just nearly always that hard. After taking a longish break I once even found myself feeling fitter than I did before. Just the once, mind.

I've only been on the bike a couple of times since Christmas because of a little back trouble so I'm in the same boat as you now. I tell myself to take things very gently but what would have been gentle 2 weeks ago now feels like torture.

Seigi

Last time I went out was late December and I too found it difficult (it was first time in 3 weeks) although I wasn't any slower, my speed was still a average of 25km/h only I was far more knackered at the end of it.

Top Bottom