1st Ride on new steed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sean8997

MEKK Poggio 3.5 & Merida Cyclocross 3
Took my new bike out for its first ride today, well happy with it, had to tweek the saddle height a couple of times and had to fettle with the brake blocks to stop a little judder but other than that it rides like a dream.

Attachments

• IMG_0288.JPG
    IMG_0288.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 109

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Very nice bike , I am looking forward to getting my new bike after Christmas for that new bike ride experience.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Nice but I'd have thought that saddle angle is throwing too much weight forward onto your hands. Saddles are supposed to be flat and I even have mine tilted up at the nose by a couple of degrees to "cup" the pelvic sit bones.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Nice but I'd have thought that saddle angle is throwing too much weight forward onto your hands. Saddles are supposed to be flat and I even have mine tilted up at the nose by a couple of degrees to "cup" the pelvic sit bones.

I always have mine dead level , I even use a spirit level to make sure.

OP
OP
sean8997

sean8997

Saddle will probably be getting tweeked a bit more in the next few weeks/months to get it absolutely perfect for me, bike is great to ride though and the Di2 is surprisingly smooth, my old bike is a Merida Cyclocross which has MTB SPD pedals on, these SPD-SL's are taking a bit more getting used to. I got the bike from Wiggle and for the price(£1800) I think I got a really good value machine.

OP
OP
sean8997

sean8997

It's a great moment, having a new bike, and that one does look good. Are you going to ride it on the road, or does it just stay on the carpet?:biggrin:
Definitely the road, after paying that amount for a new bike I cannot justify not using it lol

Top Bottom