1st Road Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

edward

I am looking to get a road bike for use around twice a week with over 20k each time, it will also be used in triathlons. My budget is up to around £550 and dont have a clue what i am looking for could anyone help please?

vickster

Legendary Member

OP
OP
E

edward

are used bikes trustworthy usual though as my parents are not keen on a used bike as they dont know the history and nothing can be done if it goes wrong etc...

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
edward , thats a lot of money to spend on something you dont have a clue about . where are you based ? are there any local tri clubs or groups of people who also compete in tri's .

why not ask if any other cc'ers are local to you who may have experiance of doing tris .

are you expecting to get a new bike or a 2nd hand one ?

OP
OP
E

edward

yeah that is why i am dont want to rush into it, i am looking to do a fair bit of cycling so think it is worthwhile i just dont know what makes or components are best etc... i have asked others who do triathlons and am just looking for some extra advise

OP
OP
E

edward

i meant at least 20k each time i got out, going out 2 - 3 times a week the local triathlons i have looked at seem to be 20k cycle 5k run 500m swim so i thought this would be a good starting point

OP
OP
E

edward

i have looked at your bike already nd looks gd but unfortunately i dont think it would be the right size for me as i am around 6"2 but thanks for the offer

OP
OP
E

edward

i am doing the other training seperate to the bike training as in i will also be running and swimming each week
20k was just a rough figure to begin with and i will build it up as i build up all three aspects of the triathlon

Top Bottom