1st Test Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Not sure how others feel about the first test ride on a bike that is either new to them or has undergone repairs .

This week i have given the Family Trek T10 Navigator its first couple of rides after sitting unused on the turbo trainer for 18 months and i have also had my first ride on the Puch Mistral SE after its complete strip down and rebuild .

Both have gone well but i always take these first few rides rather gently before going on some longer rides and i get a nice feeling that i have rescued yet another bike from years of lying dormant .

What do the rest of cycle chat members feel and do ?

PHL67

Veteran
I will let you know when I have finished my Stratton.

GuyBoden

Guru
I take it out for a short ride around the local streets (10mins), then if it feels/sounds ok, I ride a 10mile loop within 3 miles of home. I always test ride the bike over the cobble lane in Grappenhall village to shake anything that's loose. Then I go home and check/tweak the bike.

I love the feel and sound of a well maintained quiet bike, that's oiled, greased, has good brakes and the gears just click into place smoothly. I find building the whole bike from just a frame very satisfying.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I trust my workmanship completely. I can't remember exactly where we went but I do remember rebuilding a front wheel with fresh hub and spokes just the night before a big hilly forum ride some time ago. It did occur to me as I hurtled down hill passing the other riders that it was one hell of a shakedown ride :eek:

Top Bottom