1st time clipless, first time off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I've had a bolt come out of my shoe at some point whilst riding and then I discovered I couldn't unclip. This didn't matter particularly as I was on a recumbent tricycle (i.e. can't fall off) but did mean I couldn't get my shoe off the pedal for ages.

Another time I was riding and I realised the cleats had nearly undone as the screws had loosened again. I stopped in a small village square and looked through the tools in my bag, realising I didn't have the right allen key. A pair of cyclists passed and asked if I needed help and I explained I needed an allen key. They looked through their luggage and eventually found one, but it was pretty short so it was hard to put enough pressure on it to tighten them up well. In the end I was sitting on the ground with my foot up whilst the chap tried to tighten the allen key. I think we looked quite odd!

And from this we learn that the bolts do become loose occasionally!

subaqua

What’s the point
not had cleats come loose but have had the fallover moment. I did 3 times in the 1st week. I also have MT42s but have the Btwin version of the m520s and were on loose setting but have since been tightened up a bit

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
My only ever clipless moment was from a bolt that worked loose and came out of the cleat. Was about to make it all the way home, but realised just as I was about to turn right out of a junction that I had to stop, and was leaning to far over to recover.

Top Bottom