1st week = Appy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldboots091

So after the first weeks ownership and 145 miles I am thoroughly impressed with my Tern. The geometry forever changeable is excellent. I put a pair of rear panniers on and went to do the shopping. £40 later from a German supermarket, so thats a lot of shopping! the front end was very light. Simply readjust the handlebars to put more weight over the front. Brilliant. The extra gearing helped get me over some big hills fully loaded without getting out of the saddle and proved to be very smooth changes even under load. The bike has coped with serious off road conditions and while caution has been exercised it has managed magnificently. That and the fact you could use public transport to return, should you bite off more distance than you can cope with. As the previous owner hadn't really used the bike I have spent time tightening all the quick release mechanisms which would fall under basic bicycle maintenance. So Pathfinder will be out on the coast to coast trails very shortly.
upload_2018-8-19_10-50-50.png

Attachments

• Tern-30.jpg
    Tern-30.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 44
  • 20180817_092406 (1).jpg
    20180817_092406 (1).jpg
    312.7 KB · Views: 46

aldus

Which model is this? How does it behave when folding it with the panniers attached? Asking because I'm still shopping around and will be considering adding panniers for going to the market, etc., and want to be able to fold it up and take on the local trams... thanks!

OP
OP
Oldboots091

Oldboots091

Which model is this? How does it behave when folding it with the panniers attached? Asking because I'm still shopping around and will be considering adding panniers for going to the market, etc., and want to be able to fold it up and take on the local trams... thanks!
This is the Tern P24H, it is very responsive, nimble and quick, current max speed is 58.5km/h! I dont know of any folding bike you can fold with the panniers still attached. I sure someone will fill in the blank. I put a removable throw over double pannier on for shopping. When touring I would use front panniers and a rucksack attached to the rear of the saddle and supported by the rear rack.
Prior to buying this Tern arranged for me to take their Verge S8i out for the day. Excellent but I wanted more gears for touring.

Top Bottom