2 burner hob type unit required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Built in 2x hob or 2 mobile hobs that you can store away. How small is your workspace ?

Good question. Its big enough for either. I fancy something sat on top but not built in.

Good question. Its big enough for either. I fancy something sat on top but not built in.

I have just moved into an 'all electric' retirement flat. I immediately switched off the (new, smart) glasstopped hob at the mains switch and plonked my induction burner on one side of it. Gives me a wee bit more worktop space; I never use more than one burner at a time, AND it's cheaper to run than a conventional electric hob of any type, and much less risk of burns/injuries than either gas or electric. And this is just a basic, cheap single burner which I've had for a good few years. Does not even compare to conventional electric hobs/burners, much cleaner and safer than gas, just as fast and almost as responsive.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
In my own case I would not go to an induction hob as it would mean dumping all my cooking pans which were top of the range at the time of purchase. I used a single hob electric in my motorhome when on site and have subsequently been given a two hob one which so far I have never used. It is kept in case my ancient cooker finally gives up.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Many pans are induction-ready now anyway - obviously if you have stainless steel or all-aluminium then no, although you can get an 'adaptor' plate (although this just adds inefficiency and undoes some of the benefits.

I seem to recall that induction hobs are not recommended for people with any kind of dementia - not entirely sure why, perhaps because it can be 'on' but with little indication that it is, and if you place something induction on the apparently clear work space it can invoke the heating effect.

We've had an induction hob for 10 years - came from gas. I was a big fan of gas burners but am now a huge induction convert. Clean, responsive, quick and relatively safe. Definitely worth changing pans for.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
Absolute no-brainer in my opinion. Get a Remoska:
Remoska_Prima_update_1500x1500_crop_center.jpg

Some people are not keen on them but for me they are the Ritz solution to cooking for
one. One of those 'How did I ever manage before that came along?' devices.

tom73

Guru
Absolute no-brainer in my opinion. Get a Remoska:
View attachment 708043
Some people are not keen on them but for me they are the Ritz solution to cooking for
one. One of those 'How did I ever manage before that came along?' devices.

Good call we had one for a few years now they are great all round option. We've just upgraded to the Tria model got it for same price as a standard one.

albion

Guru
One hob, one microwave and one air fryer.
Toaster optional.

Gunk

Guru
we bought a plug in 2 ring electric hob from Amazon a few years ago when our kitchen was being ripped out. Worked surprising well.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Ikea Tillreda:

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/tillreda-portable-induction-hob-1-zone-white-70493503/

I wish we'd had a few of these rather than our built-in Bosch. There's a double version too if you want one, but I reckon it's better to have two and hang them out of the way when you aren't using
Do these portable induction hobs have a display of the power level that has been set, such as 1-10. I can see the +/- indicator on the IKEA web page but with our gas hob you can see what position the knob is in.

Top Bottom