2 day wessex adventure-riders wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timonya

I'm looking for riders to join me for a fantastic weekend's mountain biking on the 28/29th June. You will need to be able to get to Marlborough in Wiltshire on the Friday evening for an early start following breakfast on Saturday. I'll provide minibus transfer, camping equipment, and the route, so just bring yourself, your bike, and enough money for 2 night's camping, and food along the way. No catch, I just want the company. If you are interested, contact me, and I'll give you further details.

Tim

bonj2

i'm ummming and ahhhing.

U

User482

I'm away that weekend, dammit. Mind you, I'm riding the Ridgeway the weekend before - presumably you'll be doing some of it too?

OP
OP
T

timonya

wessex weekend

sorry for the delay in replying. Are you still umming and arring? I still haven't got a group together, but am still hopeful as there is plenty of time. Didn't think it would be so difficult, but I guess alot of people, even if thew would like to, can't just drop everything and disappear for a couple of days. If you can though, I'm sure you won't regret it. I cycled the route the week before last, you know, the one with all that torrential rain, and have never received such a soaking in my entire life, but I still loved it. If I can get a group together this weekend of five or so, I'll probably do it again another weekend, and so I'll post here if I do. I might however do Dartmoor instead, plenty of great riding there as well, and a bit closer to me.

Hope to hear from you again
Tim

bonj2

it's quite far for me but it sounds like the sort of thing i'd enjoy

is it a case of carrying the camping equipment on the bike? 'cos i don't think i can put panniers on my mtb (full sus you see)

OP
OP
T

timonya

wessex ride

All the camping equipment will be at the site for us, so nothing to carry. I always take a small rucksack, nothing too heavy of course, just enough to carry a few tools, pair of shorts and t-shirt for the evening, rain jacket unless the forecast is bone dry, that sort of thing.

Really hope you can make it!

Tim

bonj2

alright, yeah! why not. I'm up for it. I'll pm you nearer the time for contact details or alternatively pm me.

OP
OP
T

timonya

wessex weekend

Great! that's three of us so far. I'll contact you again say Monday week, or just pm me if you need to.

Speak to you soon,

Tim

OP
OP
T

timonya

bonj,
I've got to call off this weekend as a close friend has just died, and the funeral is going to be next Friday in London. How about another weekend, I'm sure I'll be able to get another group together?

Really sorry about that!
Tim

Top Bottom