2 new bikes on the horizon :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biglad82

Although only just getting back into riding I'm now on the lookout to upgrade to bigger and better things, within the next 4 month I,ll be having quite a substantial "pay off" and have side lined £1000 for a new set of bikes and as a personal goal treat of losing 3stone in weight this year im on the lookout for 1x MTB and a hybrid although this may change to a road bike before that time "if 2 fellow big lads like Laurence and Freddie" can ride one I think I can manage one lol (maybe) so recommendation for either please.....

Questions
* been 6'3 and 18 stone would this have any major effect on choice ie, very lightweight frames?
* MTB duel suspension or front?
* hybrid or road ?

Thanks in advance guys.... Mark

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
Im 6'3" and was 18 stone when I picked up my road bike, am down to 16 ish now and I havent ad any problems. I also had a ridgeback velocity hybrid which I loved and both have seen 1500 miles easily with me!

If your going to get 2 bikes id go for a hard tail mtb with front suspension lockout for light trail riding, a second set of wheels to put slicks on (in essence a hybrid then)and get a cheap entry level road bike (check out decathlon for good entry level stuff) you get in essence 3 bikes for the price of two!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Berties

Fast and careful!
Decide on what you want to acheive! Speed ,distance ,excitement of off road,practicality,like you have probally read one bike is hard to pin point ,as many bikes have many uses I have bought 3 new bikes in as many months now ,addiction isn't the word for it,for me I have a day of speed on my commute then distance ,a leisure ride with my wife,always keeping a eye on my cadence ,a muddy duck ride in the woods with the dog,
It's a big decision to get the right bike,

OP
OP
Biglad82

Biglad82

Thanks opened up some more ideas for types of bike now

MTB won't be about speed but feffo off roading but by no means x treme stuff .
What's the benefits of a hard tail compared to a duel ?
Also noticed at the higher end of bikes most have disk breaks with hydraulics and air suspension ?
I hear there are cons with this type of equipment ??

OP
OP
Biglad82

Biglad82

Expense of having a second set of wheels and disks may mean road bike takes a back seat for a while
I been eyeing up a couple of boardmans and some voo doo makes . But nothing rings out at me yet

Top Bottom