2 wheels really are good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

As I'm stil not a huge amount closer to getting a decent roadie again :sad: , and I'm stil doing most of my commuting by motorcycle, but I saw this which I thought I'd share.

Now we already know that cycling reduces congestion, and pollution, but it has been questioned here before whether motorcycles actually made a difference in the grand scheme of things and now there is the evidence to prove they do, and certainly the case in places where cyclists can't ride.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring...uting-by-motorcycle-is-good-for-everyone.html

2 wheels good :smile:

The one thing which this report actually highlighted is something which really didn't occur to me before. If the traffic is moving along at say 15 mph, then a cyclist becomes part of the congestion problem if they are level pefgging in the lines, and there are no obstructions to smooth flow like junctions or roundabouts, but the closes to zero when the traffic stops and the cyclist starts to filter.

crumpetman

If the cyclist is moving along at the same speed as the traffic then I think they are still not part of the congestion problem as one bicycle takes up far less room than one car/people carrier/4x4. You can fit a few bikes into the same space as your average motor car.

Top Bottom