20 Km Time Trial at Nottingham Trent University

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys,

Just wanted to see if any of you would be interested in taking part in a 20 km time trial study at Nottingham Trent University. The study is being carried out by members of the Sports Science staff: Dr Simon Cooper, Dr Ruth Hobson and Dr Craig Sale and will investigate the effect of β-Alanine supplementation on cycling performance.

As well as providing us with invaluable information, we hope that the opportunity to gain information such as your power output, velocity, lactate accumulation, heart rate etc. will be beneficial for yourself.

We hope this may be of interest to some of you. I tried to keep this message short, so please message me if you are interested in taking part or have any questions such as the requirements of the study and I will be more than happy to answer.

Thanks for your help.

Jacques Robertson
email: jacquesrobertson@hotmail.co.uk

jugglingphil

If your looking for people to take part in your study have you approached any of the local cycling clubs?

OP
OP
J

Jacques Robertson

If your looking for people to take part in your study have you approached any of the local cycling clubs?
We have approached local club secretaries and coaches, and asked them to pass on the message to anyone that may be interested. But most club forums require you to be a member of the club in order to post messages, so contacting individual riders has been more difficult.

OP
OP
J

Jacques Robertson

<Mod hat on>

True - but the forum Terms and Rules do state that :

If you tell me in which other section you posted, I'll merge them into the one thread for you.
Yeah that is fair enough. That would be great if you could do that. I posted it in: 'Pro Cycling & Racing' and 'Duathlon & Triathlon'

Old Plodder

Living at the top of a steep 2 mile climb

Top Bottom