20 Miles and lessons learnt !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lynnderella

I'm working up to 100 miles but have given myself 10 months.

My challenge is to lose weight while increasing the mileage. I started 2 weeks ago and was 22st 8lb.

I've ridden over 130 miles in the last couple of weeks, did 25 miles yesterday and have lost 11lb.

I'm riding a front suspension mountain bike but have fitted road tyres and mudguards. I've promised myself a new road bike for my birthday in February by which time I hope to have lost 3 stone and be regularly riding 50 miles on a Sunday.

I've got a guaranteed charity place in the London100 in August so have a huge incentive to succeed. Why not sign up for an event next summer so that you have something to work towards through the winter months.

It's great to see others experiencing the same as me. I'm loving it though.

This is an awesome achievement Philinmerthyr!! Congrats and keep up the good work!!
It comes easier when you enjoy it, these gym bunnies cant have any enjoyment running/cycling towards a wall!!!
philinmerthyr

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Less than 3 weeks after starting training I've completed my first 30 mile ride.

I also passed the 200 miles ridden mark

Weigh in in the morning but I think I've lost over a stone. Still 21st 7lb but moving in the right direction.

Feeling really pleased with myself also treated myself to a Garmin Edge 200 (£106 from Halfords). A great toy to help keep me motivated.

By the way, Mumbles and the Gower was stunning today. Hope it's not the last of this weather.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
Lucky you philinmerthyr you are cycling in a beautiful area.

Safe and happy cycling .
phill

It is a great area. This morning's ride was 12 miles around the Brecon Beacons reservoirs. A little more hilly than the Gower but also stunning.

Carolineb

Regular
Ah fantastic - I have managed a 21 mile ride twice now and I find it quite difficult at the moment. I was going to just stick to the same route and try and improve my speed but the route is flat and I think I would like to push myself a bit more. So you've motivated me to start increasing my distance and maybe try one or two hills! I am the same age as you and I do find it difficult to get motivated. These two rides are the only times I've been out - once in September and once last week so I think I should try and get out a bit more often even if its just for 10 miles or something. Thanks

Top Bottom