20 words to sum it up -competition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
When I get there I'm having a hot meal and a cold beer...

can be shortened to "hot meal & cold beer" repeat

Landslide

Rare Migrant
“It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” - Ernest Hemingway

Bit more than 20 words I admit, but sums it up nicely.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
If you can find a t-shirt big enough, "Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f*cking big television, Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players, and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol and dental insurance. Choose fixed-interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisure wear and matching luggage. Choose a three piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f*cking fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f*ck you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f*cking junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed-up brats you have spawned to replace yourself. Choose your future. Choose life"

Bigtallfatbloke

One day, you'll look to see I've gone,
for tomorrow may rain so...
I'll follow the sun.

OP
OP
P

prjw

st malo to narbonne

Just got back from my first tour. 14 days 11 campsites 2 hotels and a night with a french couple who kindly put me up. just over 800 miles. No real hassle just hard work camping when it rained and worse when it got really hot further south with mozzies etc. Congrats to bigfattallbloke who wins my tenner. I didn't get to see any replies for inspirational advice before I went but curiously I found myself singing the very same song he suggests as I was cruising through Toulouse early last Sunday morning. I found the whole trip quite emotional. What's that all about ?

jags

Guru
well im gutted i thought i had it in the bag ah well,
well done on the tour sounds like you had a good one.

Bigtallfatbloke

...did I win something?...wow..I haven't won anything since I won a bag of maltesers in 1968 at a village fete darts contest for kids!

Top Bottom