2011 Bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavieB

MIA
Is there much of a rise in price in new bikes when the 2011 ranges come out. I am looking to buy in September either a Defy 2 or a Allez elite (which looks nice in blue) But im unsure if it will be much dearer, in the past is there a price rise every year with new models?
unsure.gif

Garz

Squat Member
When you buy in september the older model(s) will be even more discounted to get rid of the stock (usually with better value components to boot).

Soltydog

Legendary Member
It depends on the model. Some will stay the same spec & price, others may change to lower spec but same price & vica versa.
2 years ago I was looking to buy a Ridgeback Panorama, the spec stayed the same, but the price rose from £900 to £1200, so I didn't buy one :rolleyes:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
If you shop around you can get a 2/3 year old model significantly reduced as retailers make space for 2011 stock.

I bought a 2007 bike in December 09. I paid 44% of the 2010 model's price. Near identical spec.

monkeypony

Is there much of a rise in price in new bikes when the 2011 ranges come out. I am looking to buy in September either a Defy 2 or a Allez elite (which looks nice in blue) But im unsure if it will be much dearer, in the past is there a price rise every year with new models?
unsure.gif

Generally speaking they try and keep the price point of the bike the same but lower the quality of the components.

For example, the 2009 Trek 1.9 came with a full ultegra groupset. The 2010 bike came with 105/Tiagra at the same price.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Generally speaking they try and keep the price point of the bike the same but lower the quality of the components.

For example, the 2009 Trek 1.9 came with a full ultegra groupset. The 2010 bike came with 105/Tiagra at the same price.

So we can expect Sora in 2011... :blink:

jackthelad

2009 tricross sport £750
2010 tricross sport £850
2011 tricross sport £999

so the prices are going up along with the components down grading

hope the above helps to give you an indication of prices

jackthelad

OP
OP
DavieB

DavieB

MIA
Probably wont be buying an Allez if thats what happens then. (Still not that keen on the top bar anyway). Hopefully something else about the 800 price mark will have the same kit levels as the allez come spetember.

Top Bottom