2012 Specialized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Time to upgrade my bike as such my 2012 S-Works Venge is up for sale.
This bike was purchased new end of January 2012

Frame : S-Works Fact11 Venge
Forks : S-Works Fact 11 Venge
Seatpost : Mclaren Venge specification with carbon clamping
Seat : S-Works Carbon Toupe with Carbon rails
Stem : Zipp SL145 full carbon stem (not a wrap like many stems)
Bars : Zipp VukaSprint full areo shallow drop race bar
Brakes : TRP 979EQ forged magnesium and titanium twin pivot brakes.
Wheels : Zipp 404 firecrest with schwable ultremo zx rubber and titanium areo skewers.
Crank : S-Works carbon crank with Q-Ring
Groupset : Dura-Ace Di2 with upgraded loom, Di2 sprint buttons, internal battery conversion complete with in bike charging.
Additional Info : Full areospace grade tianium bolt kit, data-tagged and microdotted components, GPS security tracker.

This bike has been maintained at any expence and upgraded using only the highest quality components. The bike will come with all components required to turn the bike back to standard such as S-Works bars and stem, Standard Di2 battery and charger, Standard Di2 loom, Standard Di2 Battery bottle mount. Dura-Ace Brakes etc
The internal Di2 battery conversion features a larger capacity battery than standard for reduce charging frequency, however due to the mounting system used it remains lighter than standard.

Currently the standard Di2 Venge sells for £8500 and is a lower spec than this bike, I have also not listed every single upgrade such as bearings etc. Considering the bike comes with a range of components with a reasonable second hand vale as well im looking for offers in excess of £5k
( Bike may even be broken if I get a serious offer for the frame set )

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

bikewithhtcbottles.jpg

more pictures of the bike in my album:

http://www.cyclechat.net/useralbums/my-venge.191/view

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Not sure at the moment but I want to start using the look695 a bit more but the Venge is so awesone its not really got a look in, but equally feel its time for a change theres not much else I can do to the Venge now... Not sure what will replace it, although I have enquired about the secret squirell bikes since learning of their existence. :wacko: and waiting for information on these.
If I don't sell the venge, it will be passed to commuter/winter bike duty.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Curious re the sprint buttons, are these mounted to the outside of the bar and taped over or are the bars modified for them? Just wondering that's all.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Curious re the sprint buttons, are these mounted to the outside of the bar and taped over or are the bars modified for them? Just wondering that's all.

They are mounted outside the bar and they clip round it, you do not need to modify the bar, kinda like a big cable tie with buttons on them. You then tape over them, you have to cut the tape to expose the button though. I have images of this in my album. You can also read more about the sprint shifters at bike radar, they have some good articles on them

If you have specific requirements from shifters i may be able to assist/advise. You can do bar top shifting and many other things with Di2

If I don't sell the venge, it will be passed to commuter/winter bike duty.
Yikes :eek: I hope you do sell it, commuting duties for a bike of this calibre would be criminal:thumbsdown:

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Its quite unusual to see such a high end bike with the bars higher than the seat. Maybe you'd be better with a hybrid :thumbsup:

Bars are not actually higher than the seat, the photo is deceptive, there is about a three inch drop between the seat and bars, It's not always appropiate to have the seat up in the sky for everyone. I was fitted to this bike with a highly respected retul bike fit and based on my biometrics, flexibility and medical issues this was considered the best position for me, I most certainly find it comfortable. Having said that if you save your pocket money and you can buy it and have what ever seat/bar difference you desire :thumbsup:
PS : i have a Specialized Sirrus hybrid, its a fantastic bike

When I win the lottery I'll be able to afford to get it re-sized as a 61cm frame so I could ride it :tongue:

In fact V I'll make you a deal. If I win the jackpot tonight I'll pay you the asking price for it, just so I know it won't get used for commuting duties :wacko:

Then I'll raffle it off for Children in Need, can't say fairer than that.

Come on whichever machine and whatever set of balls, pull my numbers tonight ^_^

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
They are mounted outside the bar and they clip round it, you do not need to modify the bar, kinda like a big cable tie with buttons on them. You then tape over them, you have to cut the tape to expose the button though. I have images of this in my album. You can also read more about the sprint shifters at bike radar, they have some good articles on them

If you have specific requirements from shifters i may be able to assist/advise. You can do bar top shifting and many other things with Di2

Thanks for that. I was mainly curious, it will be a long time before I can afford to upgrade to DI2, hehe. It would be nice but not even sure the frames I ride are DI2 ready as they are 2010 and 2011 models and DI2 was only just taking off around this time.

OP
OP
Mr Haematocrit

Mr Haematocrit

Thanks for that. I was mainly curious, it will be a long time before I can afford to upgrade to DI2, hehe. It would be nice but not even sure the frames I ride are DI2 ready as they are 2010 and 2011 models and DI2 was only just taking off around this time.

No such thing as a fame not being Di2 ready, make them ready :laugh: I've done Di2 mountain bikes which were never intended for this system and it works great. People as well only see Di2, Ui2 and EPS as being the only options, but there are others including community efforts such as that found at www.diyshift.com and http://www.instructables.com/id/DIY-Electronic-Derailleur/ which im currently playing with and is pretty cool.
Eventually I want to offer people a full DIY kit with loads of options for the battery in the system powering lights, cameras and whatever else is neeeded.
What can I say im a fanboy of electronic shifting, if I can help with any aspect of it please let me know.

Top Bottom