2013 Carrera TDF Large upgraded with claris compact double

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simmer

I've upgraded my road bike and now selling on my 2013 TDF.

The bike is sitll under warranty and has one of those halfords £50 services still to go which came as part of the package (but I never wanted them to touch it after having it running perfect for months)

The TDF is a great first bike and the only real bad thing you hear about them is that the gearing is a little high. To overcome this I've changed the standard crankset for the claris compact double and upgraded the BB to the shimano octalink. This made a huge difference getting up a few local climbs :smile:

The Large (58) frame with the standard 120mm stem is quite a reach if you are 5'10 and I changed the stem to an FSA 100mm. I will include the original 120mm stem in the sale

The wheels (and rear cassette) have only done about 200miles as I've been using an upgraded wheelset for the majority of time I owned the bike. The front wheel has got a brand new zaffiro tyre and the rear tyre has very little wear.

Saddle was replaced with the Selle Italia Q-bik flow and I've also re-taped the bars with some thicker deda tape. (and replaced the horrid stock end plugs)

For Pedals you can have either the original cage pedals (never used) or Shimano m520 SPD

The bike is in excellent condition, there are 1 or 2 very minor scratches from road debris being kicked up but you would have to polish it a few times to find them. The only obvious mark is a slight rub on the pedal arm (right hand side) where my cleat was not set correctly and the shoe caught the pedal arm for one ride.

All original paper work and receipts will be included.

WP_000337_zps5a76e115.jpg
WP_000332_zps919eff4c.jpg WP_000330_zps0f648390.jpg WP_000331_zps876accfc.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Simmer

Simmer

Now on ebay. Please can a mod move to auctions.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121347613079

Last edited:
Top Bottom