2013 Dartmoor Classic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ron Keegan

Just an early heads up for CycleChat readers; the on-line entry system for next June's Dartmoor Classic goes live at 9 o'clock in the morning on Monday 29th October. Although another couple of hundred places will be available, a record sell-out is again expected. Last year, all 2800 slots were filled in 3 weeks. When it's time, click on www.dartmoorclassic.co.uk you'll kick yourself if you don't

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Look forward to it Ron as always . Still cant get over the headwind climbing up to Princetown this year , an absolute killer but a great day .

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Hi Falwheeler, The date of the Dartmoor Classic is now confirmed as Sun. 23rd June.. For us it was a choice of staying close - datewise - to where we were the past few years, or staying with the last Sunday in June, which is also when the event's been held. Our preferance was the 23rd, because it means we won't now clash with the Devon based charity ride, the Force Century Cycle Challenge. Hope that makes things clear.

Cheers

goodstevess

haha, yeah, Look forward to it Ron as always . Still cant get over the headwind climbing up to Princetown this year , an absolute killer but a great day .
188.jpg

Wild Rover

Regular
Not riding it this year (in fact I've stopped riding sportives altogether to concentrate on the longer distance audaxes), but I think the Dartmoor Classic (and Exmoor Beast) longer courses, would make an excellent basis for an audax course if, say, another 50-60kms could be bolted on.

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Thanks guys and gals for your fantastic support; your faith in our ability to provide "The U.K's. best sportive experiennce." is what motivates all of us in the Mid-Devon C.C. to keep working to keep you coming back.

deanarello

Regular
Thanks guys and gals for your fantastic support; your faith in our ability to provide "The U.K's. best sportive experiennce." is what motivates all of us in the Mid-Devon C.C. to keep working to keep you coming back.
Dear Ron can you fix it for me to get one of them gold medals this year best mate?as i have got a silver for the last 3years,dont let the fact that ive voted the dartmoor the best sportive in cycle news, yet again infulence you,Just a bit of tounge in cheek welsh humor look foward to a chat again on 23rd of june,All the best Deano and everyone at pontypool rcc

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

I'll do my best to help you achive gold next time Deano. The main thing is, you made the cut again and secured one of the 3000 places in the event, something that hundreds of others didn't. If all goes well, I hope to actually take part in the ride next June. By then, I'll have qualified for my free T.V. licence and will be happy just to get round before it goes dark; a medal of any colur would be a bonus for me. Regards to all the Gals and Guys of the Pontypool C.C. and looking forward to meeting up with you again - this time at Newton Abbot Racecourse. Is it too corny to say "Saddle-up for the Dartmoor Classic"? Cheers. Ron

Wild Rover

Regular
Had a quick training spin around the 65 mile course this weekend (as I occasionally do if I'm short of time). You know, I think the climb up Trendlebeare is harder than the much-feared Holne Chase (although you may think differently). The moor was looking stunning on Saturday, and I'm sure will look even better by the event once all the trees have burst into life. Just hope the councils have done something about the condition of some of the roads by June, to make sure that you who are riding get the best out of your efforts.

And I still think Trendlebeare is a harder climb than Holne...

Top Bottom