2013 Tour debrief

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Oh, and Andy Schleck was still a bit of an also-ran but not quite as crap as some people expected. Can he make it back to the top next year, with Frank in tow, at Trek? Don't miss next years episode.

Oh, and Andy Schleck was still a bit of an also-ran but not quite as crap as some people expected. Can he make it back to the top next year, with Frank in tow, at Trek? Don't miss next years episode.

Trek have taken them both on haven't they. I find that surprising. Maybe I shouldn't but with them being mired in the Armstrong debacle you'd think they'd steer clear of any riders convicted or carrying suspicion but no: Surprising

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Trek have taken them both on haven't they. I find that surprising. Maybe I shouldn't but with them being mired in the Armstrong debacle you'd think they'd steer clear of any riders convicted or carrying suspicion but no: Surprising
I agree. Very odd decision by Trek but maybe they want Andy and had to take Frank. There aren't many headline GT contenders about and maybe Andy is as good as they can get.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
- Jean Gadret is still a cock.

Can you expand on this? I've heard a couple of people saying things like this about Gadret - but what's the background, and what did he do this time? Apart from him being not as good as he seemed he might be a few years ago...

martint235

Dog on a bike
Indeed you can and hats off to him for following rule 5 however I will add...

You should not ride with a broken collar bone. (It was painful enough to watch, can't imagine what that felt like!)
I think it's more important not to ride with a broken collar bone and then fall on it again!!!! Ouch!

Can you expand on this? I've heard a couple of people saying things like this about Gadret - but what's the background, and what did he do this time? Apart from him being not as good as he seemed he might be a few years ago...
He did have a bit of a rant at Sky, a typically French rant and seems to harbour some real resentment towards them but it came across as him feeling a bit inadequate really. Being a cock probably sums it up better.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Was this the rant? http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/tour-de-france-shorts-rain-on-its-way-no-friends-for-team-sky

Gadret is not a friend of Team Sky
John Gadret (Ag2r-LaMondiale) has claimed that Team Sky has few friends in the peloton. Speaking in a long interview in L'Equipe, the shaven-headed Frenchman also suggested that there would be little sympathy or support for Froome if something happened to him during the final stages of the Tour.
"All the riders have turned against them because they're rich and because they think control the peloton," Gadret is reported to have said.
"At the Tour de Bavière (Bayern-Rundfahrt) they blocked the road behind the breakaway. But I went to the front with them. At the moment it's our fault, we just need to put our skates on and things would be quickly sorted out."

Asked if Froome could signify a fresh start for the sport, Gadret replied: "In any case, if something happens to him tomorrow (in the future), he will not have any support…"

Top Bottom