2014/2015 season Man flu/lurgy .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Mine started Friday, feeling almost euphoric which sets my alarm bells ringing, I know I'll be coming down with a cold soon when I feel like that, saturday there was some discomfort in the chest, which progressively became more coughy , Tuesday turned to body aches, headache and fatigue, Wednesday became a headcold, today it's slowly subsiding.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm now in my second year of taking part in the Flu Survey. They send you an email each week to get you to fill in a quick how do you feel this week question, with the idea of trying to follow the spread of Flu.

Ganymede

Veteran
Bummer :sad:
I usually get the lurgy within 48 hours of starting my holiday, so hopefully I've already got this one out the way.
Ta. I just hope I'm not getting it. We are with a bunch of friends so our name will be mud! He had a cold last week so this is a total surprise - he started getting ill on our way out here and then just went into hibernation. Thank god there's a spare room so he can go and do his cave bear thing and I don't have to sleep with him! He did come out on the slopes today but not for long. He so loves it, poor chap.

D

Deleted member 1258

Not man flue, but an upset stomach like none I've ever come across, a fever that was off the scale, the shakes, last night I was shaking that badly it was almost impossible to type, colic, the explosive farts xx( and the squirts, fortunately the fever broke earlier on, but I still feel crap.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I came down with a nasty cold at the end of June which affected my damaged lungs so badly that it took me 6 months to fully recover from it so I hope I don't catch a man-flu bug (or any other one) this winter! :headshake:

potsy

Rambler
My OH had it earlier back in October and it lingered for a week but took him well over 6 weeks to really clear all the symptoms...
This is what I am finding, had the lurgy now for 7 days and it's only just starting to lift, will be a while yet I fear before I'm back to normal.
Ah well, got another 2 days off work yet at least to recover.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Had flu twice in 50yrs..and a few colds..I couldn't get up the stairs in 94, I was proper beat..
being self employed is a good cold remedy..no work no pay..mtfu etc..although a cold at weekends will be milked for all its worth if wifey has plans I'd rather miss..

Top Bottom