2014 CC Predictions league

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Couch

Über Member
Would 5, 2 and 1 points for the top 3 make it much more complicated?
I don't have any issue with this...
but what about the following proposal:

You get 2 guesses (each correct guess wins 1 point):
  • Who will win?
  • Who will end in last place?

I see 3 benefits:
  • It makes it easy to count
  • The differences will remain rather small, which might make it more exciting and if someone misses a race-prediction, he/she won't be bothered much
  • It's a quirky competition... I bet no one of us ever played a competition where you get as many points by getting the lantern-rouge correct as the winner (and aren't we all a bit quirky here)
(Of course, I understand that picking someone who ends in 2nd or 3rd place, but without gaining any points, will be frustrating as well)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
rich p said
All predictions must be in x weeks before the start of the race? Perhaps 1 week before?

Not that it matters but where on earth did that quote come from Smutch? I have no recollection of ever saying that!:smile:

As i see it race result prediction games and stage prediction games would need different scoring systems. Difficult to incorporate the two, possibly something more like 1 point per stage win and however many points as stages in the race for the overall winner might be interesting. You'd have to decide whether to go for a gc or a sprinter/climber per race might work over a season and still fairly simple to work out. Extra points can be awarded to sprint and climber jerseys fairly easily too, maybe 2/3rds of winners total.

Noodley

As i see it race result prediction games and stage prediction games would need different scoring systems. Difficult to incorporate the two, possibly something more like 1 point per stage win and however many points as stages in the race for the overall winner might be interesting. You'd have to decide whether to go for a gc or a sprinter/climber per race might work over a season and still fairly simple to work out. Extra points can be awarded to sprint and climber jerseys fairly easily too, maybe 2/3rds of winners total.

There you go @smutchin, a willing volunteer to do the counting for you. All you need to do is set it up.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
What happens if bus gets stuck and they move the finish, and the move it back.

Do we score of the original finish, the second finish where they crash, or the final revision?
And can the bus technically win as it was first over the line.

Top Bottom