2014 Giro Route Announced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buddfox

Veteran
It looks like it's going to take a bit of time to get going - unless I have missed something the first week should be fairly quiet. But there's some very tasty looking stages in the final week, particularly 16 (Gavia and Stelvio and a summit finish to Val Martello), the mountain time trial on stage 19 up the Cima Grappa (over 1500m climbing, gulp) and the aforementioned stage 20.

EDIT: I've just seen there was an earlier thread on the Northern Ireland stages released a few days back. Perhaps a mod could merger?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
If Quintana rides it, as he says he might, he'd be my favourite with the last week how it is going to be...

Buddfox

Veteran
That's not a bad shout - he has probably earned that over Valverde? One has to assume Nibali will be there or thereabouts. It would be phenomenal if Sky put Froome in as well but can't see that happening.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That's not a bad shout - he has probably earned that over Valverde? One has to assume Nibali will be there or thereabouts. It would be phenomenal if Sky put Froome in as well but can't see that happening.
No chance of Froome riding it and I think Nibali will opt to go for the TdF next year. He needs it on his palmares if he wants to achieve long term credibility.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
No chance of Froome riding it and I think Nibali will opt to go for the TdF next year. He needs it on his palmares if he wants to achieve long term credibility.

That's right - I think Nibbles has already said that he's unlikely to be riding the Giro next year, hasn't he?

Chris Norton

Just come back from Northern Ireland and found the perfect place to stop at if you have a campervan. Warm welcome and the route almost passes the door. http://www.shanoguehouse.co.uk/

There is also a great forum for those that do go over to the emerald isle at http://www.motorhomecraic.com/forum/

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Day 1 goes past my old house in Belfast
Day 2 will be a good route; up by Carrick-a-Rede so should be open (and windy)
Day 3 goes near my in-laws

May need to organise a visit over there :thumbsup:

Top Bottom